Happy Superbowl Sunday everyone! It is especially exciting around these parts because it’s the SEAHAWKS playing. The whole city of Seattle has gone crazy. Haha. I personally know 4 people who are going to the game. The excitement is everywhere!
Even without the Seahawks playing this year, today is my favorite party of the year! My sister and her husband throw their annual “Super Birthday Bowl” Party in honor of my Brother In-Law’s birthday. They fly in craw-fish from Louisiana and have a craw-fish boil every year!
I was thinking about what I was bringing today and recipes for game parties and I thought what better drink for a Superbowl party than a Bloody Mary! I personally don’t drink, but love a good spicy virgin Bloody Mary anyway, especially garnished with asparagus.
Everyone have a fun and safe day! I have to get going, as I still have some cookies to bake and decorate!
Recipe from adapted from Food 52
Bloody Mary Mix
- Vodka of choice
- 1 32 ounce bottle of V8 (I like Trader Joe’s Garden Patch)
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon Tabasco sauce
- Dashes of hot sauce of choice
- 1-3 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- salt and pepper
- celery seed
- Old Bay
- garnishes of choice: celery, pickled green beans, and lemon wedges, asparagus, lemon, green olives
- Pour 1/4 cup of V8 juice out of bottle into a cup. Mix Worcestershire, Tabasco, horseradish, salt, and pepper into the bottle of V8 and shake vigorously. If using immediately distribute the non-mixed V8 between the drinks.
- Add ice to glasses, add vodka, add Bloody Mary mix, add a squeeze of lemon, sprinkle of celery seeds, sprinkle of Old Bay and stir. Add celery, pickled green bean, olives, asparagus and lemon wedge as garnish.